National Week of Action Event Schedule
Thursday, April 29, 2021
- Traditional Opening—Launch of the National Week | Watch on YouTube
- National Briefing—Addressing the National Crisis of Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women: Advocacy in Action, 1 p.m. MDT, hosted by NIWRC | Register
- Webcast—Verizon Thought Leadership Panel—Not Invisible: Taking Action on the Crisis of MMIWG, 3:30 p.m. MDT | Register
Friday, April 30, 2021
- Webinar—Using International Law to Respond to the MMIW Crisis, 1 p.m. MDT, hosted by the Indian Law Resource Center | Register
Monday, May 3, 2021
- Webinar—Nā Hānauna Ho’ōla (Healing Generations), 8 a.m. HST (12 p.m. MDT), hosted by the Pouhana O Na Wahine (Pillars of Women) | Register
Tuesday, May 4, 2021
- Webinar—Spotlight Alaska and the Crisis of MMIWG, 11 a.m. AKT (1 p.m. MDT), hosted by the Alaska Native Women’s Resource Center | Register
Wednesday, May 5, 2021
- #MMIWGActionNow Twitter Storm, 10–10:30 a.m. MDT
- #MMIWGActionNow Twitter Chat, 12–1 p.m. MDT | View question script
- Webinar—Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls National Day of Action, Uplifting the Voices of MMIW Survivor Families, 1 p.m. MDT, hosted by NIWRC | Register
- Running for Justice: Remembering Missing and Murdered Indigenous Relatives Virtual 5k, 10k & Half Marathon, hosted by Rising Hearts (May 5-9) | Register
Sharable Resources for MMIWG
- Download the ‘No More Stolen Sisters’ poster and share a photo of yourself wearing red and/or traditional attire with the poster on social media using #MMIWGActionNow, #NoMoreStolenSisters and #MMIWG.
- Explore MMIW Toolkit for Understanding and Responding to Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women for Families and Communities.
- Claim free print subscription for NIWRC’s Restoration of Native Sovereignty and Safety for Native Women magazine, courtesy of Urban Indian Health Institute.
- Share StrongHearts Native Helpline (1-844-762-8483) with relatives facing domestic, dating or sexual violence. Online chat is available at strongheartshelpline.org.