Camp Connection is a 2-day camp for children who are adjusting to the death of a love one. Developed by a licensed therapist, this camp promotes understanding, acceptance, healing, and hope through a program of playful and therapeutic activities. It is staffed by a licensed therapist and trained staff.
CAMP CONNECTION IS PROVIDED ATNO COST TO FAMILIES AND WILL BE HELD IN THREE
COMMUNITIES ON THE FOLLOWING DATES:
June 15 (9AM-4PM) & 16 (9AM-1PM) at:
Wicoicaga Otipi Center
503 W. Broad Ave., Flandreau
June 17 (8AM-3PM) & 18 (8AM-12PM) at:
Harrisburg North Middle School
2201 W 95th St, Sioux Falls
July 20 (8AM-3PM) & 21 (8AM-12PM) at:
16633 448th Avenue, Florence, SD
How Camp may benefit your child:
Grief is hard and it can be especially challenging or children who do not have the life experiences and resources adults draw on during difficult times. Camp can fill that gap by:
- Developing coping skills for expressing and processing feelings
- Providing connection to peers who also have experienced loss
- Providing therapeutic and social activities
- Teaching and modeling to campers that it is ok to have fun and still honor their loved ones
- Assisting campers to talk openly about their loved ones
Campers will enjoy a day filled with indoor and outdoor activities, including art and water play!
Camp t-shirt, lunch and snacks are provided each camp day.
Campers will need to bring sunscreen, bug spray, and weather appropriate clothing.
SPACE IS LIMITED! REGISTER BY 6/4
paper registration forms are available for download at:
Contact Staci Born, LMFT, RPT-S at
[email protected] or