ASIST is for anyone who wants to be able to provide suicide first aid. Shown by major studies to significantly reduce suicidality, the ASIST model teaches effective intervention skills while helping to build suicide prevention networks in the community. This is a 2-day training with limited registration. Attendance is required for both days.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Discuss suicide with an at-risk person
- Identify an at-risk person and make a plan to help
- Demonstrate the use of intervention skills for helping an at-risk person
- Identify resources available to help a person at risk for suicide
- Be part of a team improving the community’s response to suicide
- Understand issues such as life promotion and care of yourself as a caregiver
There is a $30 fee for this training.
Lunch will be one hour on your own.