Join the community force against child abuse by participating in the Annual Stand Up to Child Abuse 5K Run/Walk, organized by the Avera St. Mary’s Hospital Central South Dakota Child Assessment Center. Families, children and individuals are welcome to participate. All proceeds benefit child abuse prevention efforts.
- 8:30 am. - Registration
- 9:00 a.m. - Race Starts
- Location: South Dakota Discovery Center, 805 W. Sioux Ave., Pierre, SD
Door prize drawings and prizes for top male and female finishers in both divisions (age 13+ and age 12 and under). A special thank you to the following businesses for their donations:
- Two free night stays at the Clubhouse Hotel & Suites
- $50 gift certificate for RedRossa
- $50 gift certificate for Pottery Plus
- Three $10 gift certificates for The Coffee Exchange
- $25 gift certificate for Chops
- Gift certificate for Lariat Lanes
- To register please complete the form here by April 26. You can also register at the race at 8:30 a.m. on April 28.
- For questions please contact Lindy Bare at 605-224-3365 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-registration is $20 until April 12. Registration April 13-26 and on race day is $25. Children 12 and under participate for free. All paid registrations include a t-shirt but size is only guaranteed for pre-registrations received by April 12. Children and youth t-shirts are available for $10 on the day of the event or online by April 12 to guarantee size.