Recharge your spirit at the 25th Annual Black Hills Seminars!
Join the authors of Reclaiming Youth at Risk: Our Hope for the Future for the 25th annual Black Hills Seminars. Network with colleagues from all over the world to share ideas, learn new skills, inform, inspire, and re-energize.
The Black Hills Seminars offers practical skills for success with our most challenging children and youth. Presentations will tackle the difficult issues of youth violence, classroom discipline, racism, substance abuse, families in crisis, and development of support systems.
Grounded in resilience research showing that inner strengths and external supports are essential for positive youth development, the conference offers dozens of sessions will explore timely topics such as those listed below.
2018 Black Hills Seminars Topics:
- Creating Positive Peer Cultures
- Connecting with Kids in Conflict
- Psychotropic Medications
- Working with Families
- Planning Restorative Outcomes
- Effecitve Youth Workers
- Understanding the Brain
- Respectful Discipline
- Juvenile Justice Reform
- Social & Emotional Intelligence
- Nurturing Cultural & Spiritual Roots
- Kid Whispering
- Fostering Skills to Embody Peace
- Kids Enchanted with Chemicals
- Three Pillars of Transforming Care
- Schools that Matter
- Talking About Trauma
- Healing Hate