Develop self-healing communities through contracted campaign materials to build a movement that ends child sexual abuse in South Dakota. Launch public campaign by the end of 2018.
- Develop infrastructure to manage a comprehensive public awareness and education campaign. Launch campaign by 4Q2017.
- Conduct regional assessments on who has public awareness and education programming by the end of 2017. Partner with agencies to integrate or supplement contracted campaign materials with existing programs.
- Launch train-the-trainer programs by 2018; conduct as needed thereafter.
- Develop bystander awareness and education to build skills on how to safely intervene and help a child in distress. Provide community awareness and education seminars on what elements constitute a safe environment for children.
- Develop a website and social media presence. Begin efforts in 3Q2017 and launch in 2018.
- Launch and manage public awareness messages and media resources in 2018.
- Launch a coordinated effort to teach prevention to students in school systems as well as their parents/guardians. Offer training at 25 percent of South Dakota public and private school districts by 2021, 50 percent by 2023, 75 percent by 2024, and 100 percent by 2026.
- Launch a coordinated effort to teach child sexual abuse prevention efforts in youth serving organizations and faith-based organizations in 2018..